Wednesday, June 3, 2009

One year ago today....

This is how we spent our evening







It was one of the best nights of our lives and I will never forget how it all played out.


When I got home from work that night I told Ben I thought we should get a pregnancy test that night instead of waiting for the weekend like we planned. I had been feeling a little "off" for a few days so I was pretty sure I was pregnant. We headed to dinner and stopped by Target to get a pregnancy test. We decided to get the "dumb" proof test so there would be no wondering if there was a line or not.


As soon as we got into the house I took the test into the bathroom. When I was finished I walked out and told Ben we had to wait 2 minutes to get the results. I walked back into the bathroom, a whopping 30 seconds later, and the test already said pregnant! I brought the test out to Ben and showed it to him. We laughed, we hugged and Ben said "we're having a girl"! He knew right away. It took me a few days but before long I was sure we were having a girl too.


To celebrate the one year anniversary we gave our little girl a bath, a massage and lots of cuddles. I also went back and read a few posts from the pregnancy blog. It was a nice look back.

No comments:

Post a Comment