Wednesday, February 25, 2009

May have figured it out!

So I'm sure you were tired of reading about all of Brielle's puke. Don't worry, I'm pretty tired of it "surprising" us. I'm hoping that we're closer to figuring out what's going on with my little pumpkin.

My mom (aka Grandma Lisa) has said all along that she thought Brielle has a bit of a reflux problem. At first I brushed off the suggestion. I thought for sure the problem was just gas. Well after the formula switch and not too much improvement I started to look into reflux a little more. Sure enough for everything I've read Brielle has the classic symptoms of GER/reflux. If gone untreated it can turn into a bad case of colic. Needless to say tomorrow morning I will be on the phone with the doctor's office to see what we need to do to get things under control.

The good news is that with a mild case it's pretty easy to treat. The bad news is we're going to have to stay awake an extra 30 minutes after those middle of the night feedings. We'll need to do that so we can keep Bri upright. A little less sleep but in the long run it will be more then worth it!

On the new formula front while the puking hasn't really stopped the gas problem does seem to be getting better. Brielle seems to be burping and passing gas a little easier. The soy formula leaves a lot to be desired in the way of smell when it makes it's exit. Who knew something so stinky would come out of such a little girl! LOL!

So that's my update for now. I promise I'll have a fun post with pictures up soon! It's not all puke at our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment